VE3JW is supported by the Ottawa Valley Mobile Radio Club. Although the club is very generous, it is constrained by budgets – the VE3JW exhibit is but one activity that the club must spend money on.
Consequently, it is necessary to appeal to private and corporate donors to help with our mission of providing a top-notch amateur radio exhibit. We cannot offer a tax receipt for donations as we are not a charity, but we can offer recognition on this web site, in the OVMRC newsletter, by displaying business cards of the donor, or having a plaque at the station.
Many individuals contribute personal time to keeping the station running, as I am sure everyone is aware. Donations of time and equipment help fulfill our mandate to be ambassadors of amateur radio to the Canadian public.
Our major donors over the last few years have been Elkel Electronics and Kenwood (together donated a TS-590), and the Canada Science and Technology Museum itself which donates, aside from space and electricity to run the exhibit, new computer monitors and a 56″ LCD display.
Perhaps you can help us? We are looking for certain equipment and would appreciate a donation. Your donation would go toward improving the best amateur radio showcase in Canada. We bring amateur radio to thousands of people every year, especially to the youth who are the future of amateur radio!
Our present needs (as of 5 July, 2012):
– 500 feet of 50-ohm coaxial cable (LMR-400 or similar). Most of our coaxial cable has been outside for decades and needs to be replaced.
– 6 matching, battery-powered, wall-mountable digital clocks with digits at least 4 cm tall.
If you think you could support us, please feel free to contact the station manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Purchases and Donations
- Yaesu microphone for use with Flex-3000 (Donated by VE3OIJ)
- New computer for Satellite positionve3jw.com8Purchased by OVMRC)
- New computer for APRS position (Purchased by OVMRC)
- Network switch to link all computers internet (On loan from VE3OIJ)
- Labels for cables and equipment (Donated by VA3CEW)