In 1973/74 Club members built tube type Heathkits (HW-101, PS, 600W Linear, Analizer). You can see these on the top shelf of #1 Console. (below) In 1984, the tube type equipment was replaced with solid state equipment. (TenTec OMNI, 1KW Linear, external VFO, PS and speaker) You can see these on the top shelf of the #3 Console.
In 1994, we acquired Integrated Circuit equipment (Kenwood TS-850Sat, PS, speaker, Ameritron 600W Linear) which can be seen now in operation in #3 Console.
In 2001, we acquired a state-of-the-art, surface mount technology, allmode-allband Transceiver, the Kenwood TS-2000 now in use in #2 Console, and the Kenwood TM-D700A Dual Band with TNC now in use in #1 Console.
In 2009 we purchased a Flex 3000 Software Defined Radio as an addition for Console #3 and an Icom ID-880 dual-band D-Star radio as an addition for Console #1.
In 2010 we received a donation of a Kenwood TS-590 from Elkel Electronics and Kenwood. The arrival of this radio allowed us to retire the Kenwood TS-850SAT. In addition, the Canada Museum of Science and Technology provided an upgrade of our main display to a 55″ LCD. All three consoles are equipped with computers and 19″ LCD monitors.
Console #1 – VHF/UHF
- Kenwood TM-D700A
- Antenna – ANLI Dual band
- 2 Yaesu FP-757GX Power Supplies
- MFJ-1278 TNC
- ICOM ID-880H D-Star
- Diamond X50A Dual Band
Console #2 – Satellite
- Kenwood TS-2000 All mode-All Bands
- NLSA Nova Software
- Antennas – M2 14el on V and 30el on U
- Yaesu G5500 AZ/EL Rotor and Remote Control
- Alpha-Delta 80-40m dipole
- WestMountain Rigblaster Plus
- DVD player for Amateur Radio Videos
- Video Switching Unit
Console #3 – HF
- Kenwood TS-590S
- WestMountain RIGblaster Plus
- Antenna – Hy-Gain TH7DX 7el Triband
- Hy-Gain T2X AZ Rotor and Remote Control
- FlexRadio Flex-3000 SDR
- Kantronics KAM Plus TNC
- MFJ-616 Speech Intelligibility Enhancer